True Religion’s “Win 2 Tickets to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival & a True Religion Festival Wardrobe” Sweepstakes
A PURCHASE IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Win 2 Tickets to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival & a True Religion Festival Wardrobe” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is brought to you by True Religion (“TR”). TR will select one valid entry, submitted as detailed below, to win a trip for two to Palm Springs, CA for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 19, 2013 – April 21, 2013 (approximate retail value $3,100.00).
Please read the following Official Rules carefully as they set forth the terms and conditions applicable to such things as eligibility and entrance requirements, prize detail and odds of winning, conditions of participation, dispute resolution procedures and other governing provisions.
HOW TO ENTER:
Beginning on March 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time through April 7, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”), a True Religion Sweepstakes Page Link (http://www.truereligion.com/store/coachella-sweepstakes.aspx) will be accessible via TR’s website located at www.truereligion.com, Twitter www.twitter.com/#!/TrueReligion, as well as provided in e-mails to subscribers of TR promotional e-mails. Fans who “Like” TR’s Facebook page can also access a Sweepstakes entry form through an App provided at www.facebook.com/truereligionbrandjeans.
In order to submit an entry, you need to click the Link and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Once completed, you will have the option to sign-up for exclusive email offers (electing not to sign-up will not affect your chances of winning the Sweepstakes). All submissions must be received on or before April 7, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time).
The Sweepstakes is intended for and available to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) and District of Columbia only, and is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, and where otherwise prohibited by law. By submitting an entry (as defined below) entrants agree to abide by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of March 18, 2013, to enter or win.
The following persons are specifically excluded from participating in this Sweepstakes: (i) employees of TR; (ii) personal associates, families and those with whom they reside, of TR; (iii) directors, officers, representatives and agents of TR and (iv) their agents, representatives, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, assignees (collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Sponsor”). In addition to the Sponsor (as defined herein), the following persons are also excluded from participating in the Sweepstakes: (i) the administering agency; (ii) the third party fulfillment agency; (iii) product providers; (iv) and each of their respective parent companies, licensors, trustees, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Third Party Agencies”).
On April 10, 2013, a third-party automated system will randomly select one (1) entry from the pool of eligible entries as the potential grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). Only complete entries, which adhere to these Official Rules, will be included in the random selection process. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail only on or around April 11, 2013.
Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize Winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and Third Party Agencies to use said winner’s and his/her guest’s (if any) name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. The Sponsor and Third Party Agencies are not responsible for the appearance or quality of photos online.
At the Sponsor’s discretion, the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest may be required to execute and to return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, an IRS W-9 form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release form within ten (10) days of the date on the notification. Failure to complete and return all required forms within this stated time limit, or to comply with any other provision herein, may result in the winner being disqualified. If a prize notification is undeliverable or is unable to be completed for any reason, the prize may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate winner in a subsequent random drawing by the automated system. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No substitution (including cash) for a prize (or parts thereof) by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability for any reason, a comparable prize will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Palm Springs, California (including roundtrip economy airfare) and a two night (2) night/three (3) day stay in one (1) double occupancy room at a hotel chosen by TR during the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival held on April 19, 2013 – April 21, 2013. The Grand Prize also two (2) Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival tickets and one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) Shopping Spree at a True Religion retail store in the U.S. awarded in the form of a TR Gift Card. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the Gift Card upon receipt. The Gift Card will not be replaced or reactivated if lost or stolen. Gift Card cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards. Hotel, Travel, Festival Tickets and Gift Card, are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by TR.
The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Three Thousand One Hundred Dollars ($3,100.00). The odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes are determined by the total number of eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes.
All expenses and travel costs, incurred by the Grand Prize Winner in connection with redeeming the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize Winner must possess all required travel documents, including driver’s license, visa, and valid passport, if and as applicable. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize Winner will not receive any compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay, cancellation of the event(s) or for any other reason. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at his/her option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide any form of insurance.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By submitting an entry in the Sweepstakes the entrant:
- warrants and represents that he/she has read these Official Rules, is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and agrees to be bound thereby;
- warrants and represents that all of the information provided in his/her Submission materials is truthful and accurate;
- represents and warrants that the Submission does not contain any disabling device, virus, worm, “back door” or other disruptive or malicious code that may or are intended to permit unauthorized access to, hamper, delete or damage any computer system, software, network or data;
- consents to the use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions and/or hometown by the Sponsor and its respective authorized representatives for promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional consent and/or compensation and unless prohibited by law;
- agrees that, if selected as the winner, participant will be solely responsible for any and all resulting fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize;
- agrees that any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation, condition or requirement herein.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this Sweepstakes, each entrant assigns all right, title and interest in and to the entry, to Sponsor;
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that, once submitted and assigned, the entrant has no further rights to the entry, and grants to Sponsor the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right to exploit the entry, in whole or in part, in connection with the Sweepstakes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant, except where prohibited by law;
- Limit of one (1) entry per entrant for the entire Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any entrant to enter more than one (1) submission will void all of that entrant’s Submission, and that entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes;
Sponsor and Third Party Agencies shall not be responsible for lost, late, corrupted, or incomplete Submissions. All Submissions shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. Sponsor has no obligation to acknowledge receipt of or to return any Submissions received.
- Sponsor and Third Party Agencies shall not, nor will be held responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network.
- If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry or vote in this Sweepstakes will be the Sweepstakes server machine(s).
- If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof.
- All questions regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to:
True Religion, 2263 E. Vernon Avenue, Vernon CA 90058 Phone: 323-266-3072
Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Third Party Agencies, as well as any and all parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as Twitter, Facebook, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claims made by winner, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. If any of the Indemnified Parties violates an obligation that is material to these Official Rules with negligence (“cardinal obligation”) without whose observation the implementation of the Sweepstakes would be inconceivable, the obligation to pay compensation for material damages shall be limited to the typically occurring damage.
The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant's or any person's computer resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on mailing address or mobile phone number, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the mailing address or mobile phone number associated with the Grand Prize Winner’s email account at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned a mobile telephone number by a wireless provider, telecommunications carrier or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution etc.) responsible for assigning the submitted mobile telephone number. Selected entrants may be required to provide the Sweepstakes Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the selected entry. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. The Sponsor may withdraw in its sole discretion any Sweepstakes found to contain such error without liability.
ARBITRATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes each Participant agrees that:
- any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against the Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”);
- this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16;
- the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by AAA pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor;
- the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes;
- the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law;
- THERE SHALL BE NO AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS, ARBITRATION CAN DECIDE ONLY THE PARTICIPANT’S AND/OR SPONSOR’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS; THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED;
- the Participant and Sponsor shall be entitled to recover punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages to the extent permitted by law;
- in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD for claims less than $10,000 or $375 for claims greater than $10,000 but less than $75,000, and the Participant is unable (or not required under the applicable Rules and Procedures) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and
- with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute.
To obtain the identity of the Grand Prize Winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope to: True Religion “Win 2 Tickets to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival & a True Religion Festival Wardrobe” Sweepstakes Winner - 2263 E. Vernon Avenue, Vernon CA 90058. Requests must be received by May 31, 2013.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook and/or the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.